Sports fans are going bonkers since all the games are canceled or have no spectators. Don’t go bonkers, it’s not becoming, unless you are in a parking lot, eating hot dogs and drinking beer from the back of your pick-up truck. Do these things instead:
- Become an expert. Readup on your sport so that when your team starts playing again, you’ll have even greater insight into the game.
- Show your team some love. Tweet them a positive message or send them a photo of you wearing team gear in solidarity.
- Even better, support a charity that your favorite player loves.
- PLAY FETCH.
- Practice painting your face in the colors of your favorite team. Keep your “art work” above the neck. Bare chests make you look like an “animal”.
- Revisit an old game. You know the one – The game that made you fall in love with the sport. If you have a subscription to a sport-specific streaming service, check if they have your favorite game. YouTube has clips of large collection of games.
- Play Keep-Away or Dodge Ball. No yard? Use balloons.
- Watch sports documentaries about games of the past and present.
- Donate all your clothes that aren’t in the colors of your favorite team.
- Pretend you’re an athlete and do calisthentics (If you don’t know what calisthenitics are do jumping jacks).
- PLAY FETCH.
- Go Bonkers!
Dear Freddie Fans,
Because I’m not allowed to go anywhere without a leash I KNOW how to cope. This week I will share what you humans can do. Since I’m Editor-in-Canine-Chief for several blogs I have a trove of posts to share with you. Each day I’ll share a bit of my wisdom.
Here’s my first recommendations for HUMANS
Ya Gotta Take Care of your Mental Health.
- Connect with family, friends. If you can’t get a scratch behind their ears you will have to settle for the phone, internet or writing a note or letter.
- Meditate, pray.
- Take a nap. One of my favorites.
- Video chat.
- Share funny messages on social media. Do NOT share conspiracy theories – leave theories to bonifide scientists.
- Take a warm bath.
- Take another bath.
- Go outside, get some fresh air and sunshine .
Keep your paws busy:
- Tackle a puzzle.
- Make art. Download my human’s free coloring pages.Click here for the PDF
- Humans like to knit, sew, paint.
- Do all the stuff I’ve watched humans put off – taxes, clean closets.
- Play board games. Chess and checkers seem to be fun for humans .. . go figure.
- Fix something around the house.
- Rearrange the furniture.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Pet your pet.
- Brush your pet.
- Feed your pet.
- Give your pet treats
Tell me what you do to keep your paws busy!
See ya tomorrow.
click here for: “How to Cope in Uncertain Times” on Max your Mind