Dear Freddie Fans,
Because I’m not allowed to go anywhere without a leash I KNOW how to cope. This week I will share what you humans can do. Since I’m Editor-in-Canine-Chief for several blogs I have a trove of posts to share with you.
CULTURED: characterized by refined taste and manners and good education.
cultivated, artistic, enlightened, civilized, educated, well read, well informed, discerning, discriminating,
sophisticated, urbane, intellectual, scholarly, erudite
If you are lacking in any of these here’s what you can do:
- Download e-books and audiobooks and READ.
- Create a virtual book club and video call each other to discuss.
- Take a virtual museum tour. Many museums offer audio tours on your smart phone. The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Guggenheim Museum are two that host online tours.
- Explore overseas? Google Arts & Culture has a collection of virtual walk-throughs for dozens of international museums, from Paris to New Delhi.
- Become a film critic. Write a review of the latest. Catch up recent Oscar winners and snubbed gems and share your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter. To exchange recommendations with your fellow cinephiles, join a site like Letterboxd, a social networking service for film geeks.
- Learn a language — or just the basics. Learning a few phrases in another tongue will make you feel smart.
- Bolster your vocabulary. Remember when reading the dictionary was a form of punishment? No longer. Flip through a thesaurus or take online quizzes to test your vocabulary.